Fly Fishing Hall of Fame
The 2018 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Dinner is scheduled for Saturday October 6, 2018. To submit nominations for the 2018 class, please complete the Nomination Form and submit back to CFFCM at email@example.com.
For additional event info, please check back shortly.
2017 Hall of Fame Inductees
Steve Rajeff, Theodore Rogowski, Vernon S. Hidy, Theodore Niemeyer
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Ceremony: CFFCM, Livingston Manor, NY Dinner: Villa Roma, Callicoon, NY
Since its inception in 1985, the Fly Fishing Hall of Fame Committee (HOFC) has inducted 70 members who have significantly enhanced the culture of fly fishing. Individuals have been nominated in good faith by members of the fly fishing community. Nominations are accompanied by a brief review outlining the candidates most important contributions. Upon receipt of nominations the HOFC reviews and weighs the merits of all nominees and selects a class for the current year. All nominations are retained for future review.
The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum is proud to be the home of the Fly Fishing Hall of Fame, The Lee Wulff Conservation Award, The International Rodmakers Gallery and the Poul Jorgensen Golden Hook Award, recognizing individuals who have left a permanent foot print in our streams.
Induction into The Fly Fishing Hall of Fame is an honor reserved for distinguished members of the angling community who “stand tall” and whose reputations are a part of the history of fly fishing. The criteria used by the Nominating Committee in selecting the inductees to the Hall of Fame are as follows:
- Inductees may be living or dead.
- Inductees must have made substantial contributions to the sport of fly fishing on a national or international basis in one or more of the following areas:
- Furthering the understanding or care of the aquatic habitat;
- Innovations of fly fishing techniques, tackle, flies or other elements of the sport;
- Furthering appreciation for or knowledge of the practice of the sport.
- Inductees may be anglers, guides, scientists, conservationists, fishing industry leaders or in other appropriate roles.
- The Committee shall decide on the number of persons to be inducted each year.
- The staff of the Center shall, in consultation with the chair of the Committee, provide to the members of the Committee information with respect to each nominee.
A.J. Campbell grew up fishing trout streams in Vermont and New Hampshire.
Recognized in tandem, together, they bestowed the fly fishing community with five major fly fishing books.