Hall of Fame

Norman Maclean

Author of the wonderful novella, A River Runs Through It in 1976. It is through this book that we discover a magnificent family story surrounded in the beauty and appreciation of nature and life through fly fishing. “In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing. . . .” His narrative, on it’s surface is about fly fishing, just like fly fishing itself. However, surface insect activity is only 5% of the story; to understand the other 95%, you have to know what goes on under the surface. Maclean’s work formed the basis of the movie directed by Robert Redford.

Samantha MangoHOF2